Even better and easier to use than the original, the third-generation Vipec 12 builds on the success of the world’s first binding to combine the lightweight functionality of a tech binding with the predetermined safety release of an alpine binding. Now with TUV certification, the binding adds a level of reliability. Extremely lightweight, rigid, and easy to switch between walk and ski modes, this model features improved step-in and step-out performance and a new, more secure toe-pin adjustment system. The Vipec’s predefined safety release comes thanks to a gliding heel piece that allows for active length compensation. The heel piece’s dynamic travel allows for consistent contact pressure and reliable release as the ski flexes. This system makes for a binding that is not only lightweight and streamlined, but also provides increased ease of use and safety. The two-stage heel riser allows for three different configurations and easily switches for variable terrain. Micro-adjustable width wings in the toe piece accommodate the variety of tech insert styles on the market.
This product will be shipped directly from Black Diamond and will leave their warehouse in 2-3 business days. Eligible for UPS ground shipping only.
- TUV Certified
- Safety Tech System features a defined front lateral release in both ski and walk mode for skiing and avalanche safety
- Integrated dynamic range in both heel and toe ensures predictable release
- Easy Switch heel and toe allow changes between ski and walk modes without stepping out of the binding
- Three-level heel riser
- Brakes included
- Micro-adjustable width wings help compatibility with any model tech insert
- Weight Per Pair: [L, with brake] 1090 g (2 lbs., 6 oz.)
- 95mm width