Taking a mixed-materials approach to the dynamic needs of dedicated skiers, the Black Diamond Recon Shell charges up the skin track and blasts down an over-the-shoulders run without the need for a layering change. With WINDSTOPPER® in the body of the jacket and panels of Schoeller® stretch-woven fabric under the arms and on the back, the Recon offers hardshell-worthy weather resistance with the dexterity and breathability usually found only in softshells. Complete pocketing secures a camera, ski pass, skins and any other daily essentials. The integrated Cohaesive™ cord-management hardware in the hood provides an equalized, three-way adjustment with a single pull and an integrated powder skirt provides a second line of defense on deep days. Lightweight Schoeller softshell underarm panels help regulate body temperature on warm, high-output missions.
This product will be shipped directly from Black Diamond and will leave their warehouse in 2-3 business days. Eligible for ground shipping only.
- Shell:70D plain-weave nylon with brushed-backer and a DWR finish
- Panels: Schoeller® stretch-woven with NanoSphere® Technology (190 g/m2, 95% nylon, 5% elastane)
- With brushed micro-suede collar lining
- Relaxed fit for technical layering
- Embedded Cohaesive™ cord-management hardware gives you a three-way, single-pull adjustment mechanism for your hood and hem
- Compatible with ski helmets
- Includes a YKK® PU-coated Flat Vision® center front zipper
- Includes a concealed zip chest pocket, a zip sleeve pocket with an internal stretch mesh pouch, two concealed zip hand pockets, and two skin-compatible internal stretch-mesh drop pockets
- Features an integrated internal powder skirt
- With custom-molded cuff tab
- Weighs: 1lb 4 oz