Lightweight carabiners like the Petzl Ange reduce the amount you have to carry up the rockface, the longer the route, the greater the savings.
- The ANGE L carabiner is light (34 g): it is ideal for reducing weight when climbing. It is also useful in alpine conditions for those looking to maintain comfort and maximum strength while limiting their weight to a strict minimum
- Petzl's MonoFil Keylock ensures smoother opening and closing of the carabiner and a much longer lifetime compared to traditional wire gate carabiners. The wire gate is protected from lateral rubbing (against rock, etc)
- The unique H-profile allows an optimal size and strength-to-weight ratio
- The indent on the bottom of the ANGE S and ANGE L carabiners helps keep the sling in place so that the sling is properly positioned on the carabiner
- The surfaces that come in contact with the rope and with the anchor are wider, favoring passage of the rope and reducing carabiner wear
- The nose of the carabiner has a hole that allows ice, snow or dirt to be cleared out
- The deflector works with the shape of the carabiner to allow proper positioning of the carabiner on its major axis