Naturally Curious, A Photographic Field Guide
Item: 11301503 Product Description >
Naturally Curious, A Photographic Field GuideWith boundless energy and a lifetime's worth of natural history knowledge, Holland escorts you through the New England seasons, month by month. This visually astounding book promises a walk in the woods (or a field or wetland) will never be the same again!
- Month by month through New England's seasons including full-color photographs
- Begins with March and its early stirrings of life after a long, cold winter, and ends in February, as survival becomes the sole force of all plants and creatures
- Follow Holland in sun, rain, and snow...along roadsides and riverbanks...above burrows and under treetop nesting sites
- Includes hundreds of fascinating “Nature Notes,” bite-size nuggets of fact-based information detail a species actions in a particular month—whether courting, breeding, singing, burrowing, migrating, or caching food
- Includes lists of the amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals, insects, and arachnids, and plants and fungi you might expect to see or hear from as the weeks go by
- Each month includes specially chosen essays: Holland gets up close and personal with New England plant and animal life, illustrating their impact on the region and those who share it
- Unmatched visual display of the many exciting and varied “worlds” of the Northeast explode upon the page in full-color photographs
- Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 7.4 x 1.2 in.
- Paperback; 496 pages
- Published by Trafalgar Square; 2010