OSPREY Kestrel 38 BackpackThe Osprey Kestrel 38 backpack is a "go anywhere, do anything" kind of pack that ultralight aficionados might take with them on their overnights.
- Two torso sizes and an adjustable harness provide custom fit
- AirScape back panel and a peripheral steel spring rod frame provide superb comfort
- AirScape back panel with ridged foam, torso-adjustable harness, and die-cut slotted hip belt
- External hydration pocket for easy access to your bladder
- Hip belt pockets provide quick access to a camera and snacks
- Integrated rain cover in the bottom of the pack protects your contents when the heavens open
- Removable sleeping pad straps on the bottom of the pack
- Reverse StraightJacket compression straps allow extra compression for smaller loads
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment makes it easy to attach your poles while on the trails
- Tool attachment secures your ice axes, walking poles, or tripod
- Zippered sleeping bag compartment with drop-down divider
- Zippered top pocket
OSPREY Kestrel 38 Backpack
Gender Unisex Dimensions 30 x 15 x 13 in. Pack Fabric (Primary) 420D nylon
210 double-diamond nylon
Frame Type Internal frame Torso Length S/M <19 in.
M/L >19 in.
Volume S/M 2197 cu. in.
M/L 2319 cu. in.
Primary Use Hiking Weight S/M 3 lb. 1 oz.
M/L 3 lb. 3 oz.
Volume Range 30-45 Liters Weight Capacity Up to 30 lb. Trip Length Overnight (1-2 nights)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Adjustable torso
- Great back stretch pocket
- Hip belt pockets
- Shallow side pockets
- Day hiking
- Light overnighter
Comments about OSPREY Kestrel 38 Backpack:
Great light, comfortable pack for its size. It has a useful adjustable torso. I am 6ft 1 inch 170lbs and rock the small/medium. Fits great. I primarily use this pack for day hiking. It would work well for a light packing overnighter, however I bring everything but the kitchen sink with me deep into the woods. Rides nice even when overpacked. Hiked 10+ miles with a 30-40lb load and felt comfortable all day. I wish it had deeper side pockets as I hike with the wide mouth 1L nalgenes and then fall out. I secure them by carabiner to the top compression strap, it helps. Taken this pack in the White Mountains, Block Island, Mexico, Baxter State Park... Broken in bu tfeel*s as good as new
- Primary use:
- Was this a gift?: