LA SPORTIVA Men's Delta GTX Backpacking BootsDesigned to carry heavy loads without a "big boot" feel, the Italian-made Delta GTX from La Sportiva is lightweight and waterproof with an ergonomically shaped shock-absorbing midsole and Vibram traction.
- Anti-torsion TPU arch plate provides maximum stability on the trail
- Vibram rubber outsole bites into sketchy terrain for great traction and grip
- Impact Brake System offers superior grip on very steep terrain; slanted and opposing lugs absorb 20% of the shock on feet, knees, hips, and back while walking on hard ground
- Lightweight, durable, and ergonomically shaped PU/EVA midsole provides excellent support and performance for day hikes and backpacking
- Co-molded PU/EVA midsole is supportive and soft to provide stability and shock-absorbing cushion
- 7 mm Ergoflex nylon insole provides support underfoot
- Idro-Perwanger rough-out leather and Cordura upper for durability and water repellency
- Gore-Tex membrane for waterproof protection and breathable comfort
- Ergonomic constructed upper wraps naturally around the foot and works with the shock-absorbing midsole to help reduce negative impact on hard ground
- Soft stretchy Cordura ankle and gusset material minimize top-of-foot pressure points
- 3D Flex ankle allows uninhibited maneuverability on technical terrain for greater stability
- Rubber rand at toe and heel for protection and durability
- Symbios construction balances protection, comfort, flexibility, and function with an ergonomically shaped PU/EVA midsole and ergonomic last which hugs the foot and provides the best fit possible
- Made in Italy
Country of Origin: Imported
LA SPORTIVA Men's Delta GTX Backpacking Boots
Gender Men's Foot Volume Low Volume Measurement 680 ml Forefoot Width Narrow Forefoot Width Measurement 3.350 in. Heel Width Narrow Heel Width Measurement 2.173 in. Outsole Vibram rubber Shank 7 mm Ergoflex, TPU arch plate Upper Rough-out leather, Cordura Waterproof Yes Midsole PU, EVA Avg. Weight (pair) 3 lb. 8 oz.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Breathes Well
- Good Cushioning
Comments about LA SPORTIVA Men's Delta GTX Backpacking Boots:
I tried just about every boot I could find.
I started the search for a new boot cause a few years ago I was having burning pain in my second toe on my left foot. NOT Morton's neuroma. Some metatarsal padded insoles helped a little, but the pain came back. Always. To the point I was limping out of the woods.
I was using Aslo 520 gtx which were always comfy and Fugatives around town, just so you know the background.
So I tried Vasque Breeze in wide, but my heel swam. 2 Salewa boots that I wanted to like, but lacked in many areas. A few Zamberlains...they don't make a 46.5. (what were they thinking) A couple others...and nothing worked.
Then I read a report online about these and the guy could only complain about the orange hi lights on the edge of the sole that he colored with a marker. ?? But said they were the best kept secret. So I figured I would try them.
WOW and WOW, was I glad I did. These boots are just what I needed.!!!!! Nice roomy toe box and the heel is narrow enough to have no movement.
And they are light in weight. Lightest boot I've ever used.
I tried all the Superfeet along the way and HATED them all. VERY uncomfortable.
Then when looking for a new tent, a guy at the Manchester store said I should try the green ones for what I was experiencing and the Salem store guy said to wear them for short periods at first to get used to the FIRM (hard) feel.
I used this system on a 2 day backpacking trip and had no burning!!!!!!! With very little break in to boot. PUN INTENDED!
I am very pleased with the boots and the Superfeet. And I won't be coloring in the orange hi lights with a marker. They are very stylish, just the way they are!
- Feels true to size
- Feels true to width