MSR WhisperLite Universal StoveThe legend continues with the MSR WhisperLite Universal that combines canister and liquid fuel capabilities into one package.
Winner of Backpacker Magazine's 2012 Editor's choice Award.
- Fuel specific jets and fuel cource coupler let you burn liquid fuel or propane canisters
- Unique ability to burn inverted canister for improved performance
- Able to burn white gas, kerosene, unleaded auto fuel and gas canisters
- Includes basic stand for inverting canisters for better cold weather performance
- Aluminum mixer tube and stainless steel legs reduce trail weight
- Simply swap one of the three shaker jets and fuel line to switch between fuels
- Perfect choice for globetrotting backpackers seeking lightweight and compact multi-fuel versatility
- Shaker Jet technology and smart engineering allows complete cleaning and maintenance in the field
MSR WhisperLite Universal Stove
Fuel Type White Gas, Kerosene, MSR IsoPro Ignition Method Manual Priming Yes Boil Time 3.5 min. / 4.4 min. / 3.75 min. per 1 L of water Windscreen Included Yes Burn Time 110 min. / 155 min. / 75 min. per 8 oz. fuel canister Type Canister or Liquid Fuel Weight 11.5 oz. / 13.7 oz. / 9.5 oz.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- True Mulit-fuel
- Small pieces
- Car Camping
- Cold weather
- High altitude
Comments about MSR WhisperLite Universal Stove:
Fantastic stove, bottom line. Accepts every conceivable fuel with a minor adjustment, all adapters included. Offered the best of liquid fuels and canister fuel. Using the canister I boiled water so quickly that I was astonished. I am used to commercial gas cooktops and this stove was faster to bring water to a boil. I agonized over which model to purchase and I could not be happier with this stove. With this design one is able to use a canister for convenience and a heat shield for efficient fuel usage. I like the canister for simmering and was going to get a canister only model but am happy I can travel anywhere and find fuel as I made a separate purchase of the liquid bottle.with that said there are a few very minor complaints. One is the hose, a little short and stiff. The other is the mount to hold the canister upside-down doesn't fold up and barely fits my container, and just at all. If this was able to fold up like the legs of the stove it would be better. When running on canister it is loud but I have never owned a different model so it may or may not be par for the course. I am hitchhiking the USA next summer and will be using this to cook most of my meals to save money for restaurants I really want to go to. I firmly believe I made the best choice in backpacking stove. So far I have cooked a complete meal using each fuel and was impressed with it's stability and performance.
- Was this a gift?: