SALEWA Women's Mountain Trainer Mid GTX Backpacking Boots, Laguna/WaterfallLightweight and waterproof, the Mountain Trainer Mid GTX from Salewa provides ultimate grip performance for technical hiking, light trekking, and Via Ferrata.
- Stiff nylon/27% fiberglass shank for support with flex on challenging surfaces
- Vibram Mulaz rubber outsole for durability and uphill/downhill grip on all terrain
- PU shock absorber in midsole for maximum comfort over long distances
- Gore-Tex membrane for waterproof protection and breathable comfort
- Abrasion-resistant suede upper with sticky rubber rand for protection from rocky ledges as well as grip
- 3F Fit System combines flexibility, anatomically positioned ankle support, and a precision fit—offers freedom of movement where needed while controlling movement of the heel
- Technical lacing with metal hooks extends towards the front for a custom fit to provide precision and comfort
- Double-density microporous rubber midsole for ultimate edging and performance on rocks
- Multi-fit footbed for individual volume customization and adjustment of the fit
- Women-specific fit
Country of Origin: Imported
SALEWA Women's Mountain Trainer Mid GTX Backpacking Boots, Laguna/Waterfall
Foot Volume Low Volume Measurement 510 ml Forefoot Width Medium Forefoot Width Measurement 3.368 in. Heel Width Wide Heel Width Measurement 2.506 in. Outsole Vibram rubber Shank Nylon, fiberglass Upper Suede Midsole Double-density micporous, PU Waterproof Yes Avg. Weight (pair) 2 lb. 6 oz.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Poor arch support
- Poor Ventilation
Comments about SALEWA Women's Mountain Trainer Mid GTX Backpacking Boots, Laguna/Waterfall:
I DO NOT agree with EMS technical specs that the heel on this boot is wide or that the forefoot is medium.
I have a very narrow heel/ankle and a wide forefoot, which translates to boots that either rip my heels to shreds, pinch my toes or both. This is the first boot I have tried (and believe me, I have tried A LOT ... probably a hundred) that actually fits me.
I also pronate so I switched out the insoles to Superfeet to give me more arch support, but otherwise these boots are great right out of the box. Very comfortable and supportive.
I have used them carrying a medium-weight backpacking load up 3000 feet elevation gain and they were great (no blistered heels!).
As are all goretex boots, they are a little warm on hot days ... but I am used to sweaty feet in hiking boots so I didn't think it was particular to this boot.
- Feels true to size
- Feels true to width