AMC Best Day Hikes in the Catskills and Hudson ValleyThis fully updated guide to the Catskills and Hudson Valley of New York leads beginner and experienced hikers alike along 60 of the region's most spectacular trails, from shorter nature walks to longer day hikes.
- A hiker’s paradise of varied and scenic terrain from Westchester County to Albany—more than 600 miles of trails within just a few hours of New York City
- Features classic hikes like Storm King Mountain in the Hudson Highlands, to carriage road walks in the Shawangunks and a historic walk around the grounds of Oleana, to 25 Catskills hikes such as Wittenberg and Cornell Mountains, to ridge walks along the Taconic Range
- Inside you’ll find:
- 60 hikes ideal for hikers of all ability levels
- GPS coordinates to all trailheads
- Locator Map and "At-a-Glance Trip Planner" for easy planning—highlights the best hikes near public transportation, for kids, and for winter snowshoeing and skiing
- Detailed maps showing parking areas, trails, and natural highlights
- Summaries of time, distance, and difficulty level for each trail
- Hiking and safety tips, including advice on what to carry in your pack
- Essays on the flora, fauna, and historic landmarks of the region
- Author: Peter W. Kick
- Publisher: Appalachian Mountain Club
- Edition: 2011
- Paperback; 6 x 9 in.
AMC Best Day Hikes in the Catskills and Hudson Valley