EVOLV Pontas II Climbing ShoesRedesigned for 2012, the Evolv Pontas II is a versatile all-arounder and part of the Sharma Signature Series.
- The newly added third strap draws the arch of the shoe into your foot for a more secure fit and feel while edging and heel hooking
- Medium stiffness midsole for a perfect balance of edging, scumming and smearing
- Cotton lining to reduced stretch and help maintain the shape of the shoe
- Perforated synthetic upper is breathable for long pitches
- Asymmetrical last for a performance fit
- Sole made with 4.2 mm TRAX high friction rubber
- Variable toe rand—thicker in the front
- Weight: 1 lb 1 oz.
EVOLV Pontas II Climbing Shoes
EMS_Sale Yes Gender Unisex Upper Synthetic Avg. Weight (pair) 1 lb 1 oz. Closure Velcro Last Shape Flat
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Tight Fit At Heel And Arc
- One Color
- Runs Half Size Small
- Long Climbs
- Sport Climbs
Comments about EVOLV Pontas II Climbing Shoes:
This is the second Evolv Pontas II I have purchased, previously having the 2 velcro pair. The third velcro is a great addition, it really tightens the arch and the heel has been made to fit better as well. the toes have a decent edge for small foot holds, but the downturn is not so severe these hurt the feet after long climbs. The rubber is super sticky on the sole and is good for smearing. There is extra grip added on the heel which increase the hold of a heel hook (and the bulky feel of the heel from the last Pontas II version has been fixed).
I am a size 10.5 US in regular shoes but I found that the size 11US in both versions of the Pontas II fit perfectly, with the initial tightness to be expected, but broke in very nicely. The tight toe box contributes to this effect.
This is a great all around shoe, capable of any climb, and has the comfort for long climbs. At this price, this is a great shoe for a beginner, intermediate or someone even better looking for a great boulding/gym extra pair. They are similar in fit to the Evolv Defy VTR , and are a step above them.
The velcro are very nice for easy and quick on/off so if you take your shoes off between climbs it is very nice. The triple velcro ensures you dont loose much on adjustability and tightness control compared to laces.
The only real issue I have with these is that they get very smelly after a while, they require a good airing or else they will stink! Also the options of colors is limited to the black/yellow which is not a bad color scheme, but variety would be nice.
- Feels half size too small
- Feels true to width
- Was this a gift?: