ATC AT Thru-Hikers' Companion, 2012The Appalachian Trail Thru-Hikers' Companion offers up-to-the-minute knowledge of "the A.T." from current hikers and Trail-maintainers. It provides essential information on hiker-oriented services near the Trail.
- Intended for those making thru-hikes, but also valuable for those taking shorter section-hikes or overnight backpacking trips
- Provides you with details on shelters, water sources, post offices, hostels, campgrounds, lodging, groceries, restaurants, outfitters, and other related services along the Trail
- Offers information of historical significance about places you pass through while hiking the A.T.
- Included latest information from volunteers who measure, maintain, and manage the Trail and those who hike it regularly
- Street maps of nearby towns marked with hiker-oriented services
- Includes equipment-makers toll-free phone numbers
- Includes extensive information form the 2012 A.T. Data Book
- 5.5 x 7.5 in. (packs easily in quart-sized Ziploc)
- Nineteenth edition
- 312 pages; paperback
- Edited by Robert Sylvester
- Through collaboration of the Appalachian Trail Conservancy and the Appalachian Long Distance Hikers Association