ATC Appalachian Trail Data Book, 2012Often referred to as "the bible for Appalachian Trail hiking" and essential for A.T. hiking and planning, the thirty-fourth edition includes all the details in the Trail's new length: 2, 184.2 miles!
- Condenses into 96 pages all the important waypoints from the series of 11 official A.T. guidebooks
- A lightweight table of distances between major Appalachian Trail shelters, road crossings, and features
- Shelters, campsites, water sources, road crossings, supply sources, off-trail lodging, eateries, and post offices are all easy to spot in listings
- Mileage information is keyed to both the official A.T. maps and to guidebook sections—in a state-by-state, at-a-glance format; includes elevations for major landmarks)
- Divided according to the guidebook volumes and updated each December to account for relocations, new or moved shelters, and other changes
- Compiled for the last 29 years by Daniel D. Chazin
- 2012 edition
- 96 pages; paperback; 5 x 7 in.
- Published by Appalachian Trail Conservancy
ATC Appalachian Trail Data Book, 2012