CHACO Men's Updraft Sandals, ShadowDesigned for instant adventure with no break-in time, Chaco's Updraft Sandals deliver lightweight, water-ready performance in a sleek profile.
- Nonmarking Vibram Bulloo TC1 rubber outsole for lightweight, wet/dry traction and grip
- Luvseat platform hugs the natural contours of our foot and supports each bone and muscle for healthy body alignment, lasting arch support, and a maximized stride
- ChaPU footbed provides support, stride efficiency, cushioning, and durability
- New TPU frame with ergonomic support posts for lightweight fit
- Custom Adjust’em, fast-drying polyester webbing straps—pull-through design for an adjustable fit and secure hold
- Luvseat XO3 platform for lightweight comfort
- Chaco fit: most important for footbed contours to fit your arch comfortably
- Luvseat platform accepted by the American Podiatric Medical Association
- Whole sizes only
Country of Origin: Imported
CHACO Men's Updraft Sandals, Shadow
Gender Men's Adjustable Forefoot Straps Yes Adjustable Heel Straps No Outsole Vibram TC1 rubber Toe Style Open toe Upper Polyester webbing Midsole TPU, polyurethane Avg. Weight (pair) 1 lb. 8.9 oz.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Arch Support
- Casual Wear
Comments about CHACO Men's Updraft Sandals, Shadow:
I purchased these to replace my 10 year old Chacos which lived through many miles and soles. The first difference is size, my old Chacos are a 10 and fit perfect- I had to go to an 11 in the Updrafts. I would say the arch/foot support is not quite as pronounced on the Updrafts, especially the area just forward of the arch more toward the center of the foot. Maybe it's just a matter of the new sandals breaking in and forming to my foot? I have yet to do any long hikes/all day walks in them so I can't comment on whether the new ankle strap risers will be a problem for me. They do push against my ankle when I'm walking across an off camber hill, so I'd imagine this would lead to problems if I were on a long hike. They should have used a softer rubber, or the traditional webbing (I bet we'll see this change on next year's models). I will say the new ankle risers keep the heel straps more securely in place, the sandals are much more difficult to slip off (even when I want them to). Though I think the light weight of the Updrafts is a great improvement over my old ones, I highly doubt they will last as long, and will more closely conform with the disposable world we live in.
- Feels half size too small
- Feels true to width