HILLSOUND FreeSteps6 CramponsWith small spikes and chains providing comfortable and easy-to-use traction, the Hillsound FreeSteps6 is the perfect choice for light hiking, ice fishing, trail running, or even just walking around town.
- Durable stainless steel spikes and chains give anti-slip traction for a variety of activities
- Patented elastomer harness is tear-resistant and maintains pliability to sub-0° temps
- Silicone anti-snow balling plates reduce snow buildup to maintain traction
- Larger spike plate on the heel provides better traction on icy downhill terrain
- Twelve spikes under the forefoot; six under the heel
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- Good Traction
- Traction on ice
Comments about HILLSOUND FreeSteps6 Crampons:
Ordered a couple pair of these for a friend and I to use on snow hikes when the snow isn't deep enough for snowshoes. We got a chance to use them on a recent 10 mile mountain hike in eastern PA. Snow depth was 3 inches at the base, and 5 on the summit. We wore them the entire distance over ice, virgin trails, packed trails, and some rocks. With plenty of spikes on the bottom, they really helped over the entire length of the trip. Neither one of us slipped much at all, especially on the decent which had some steep sections. The extra spikes on the heals help us from loosing our footing and sliding down them.
Before making this review, I closely inspected my pair, and they held up great. Still look like new. I'm sure they will last a very long time.
The only very minor issue we had were that each of us lost one of the red plastic pieces that attach to some of the spikes to prevent snow build up. No big deal though, they still worked fine.