AMC Maine Mountain Guide, 10th EditionFor over 50 years, AMC's Maine Mountain Guide has been the trusted resource for the state's hikers. This new edition has been thoroughly revised and updated, featuring 200 new trails, expanded coverage of Baxter State Park and Acadia National Park, and five new in-text maps, plus pull-out paper topo maps.
- AMC’s comprehensive guide to hiking trails of Maine featuring Baxter State Park and Acadia National Park
- Includes two pull-out paper topo maps:
Map 1: Baxter State Park/Katahdin and 100-Mile Wilderness
Map 2: Bigelow Range, Camden Hills, Eastern Mount Desert Island, Mahoosuc Range, Evans Notch
- Also includes hiking information and suggested hikes for: Midcoast, Downeast, Oxford Hills, Kennebec and Moose River Valleys, and Aroostook County
- Suggested hikes rated as easy, moderate, or strenuous
- Includes in-text maps
- Information about Maine geography, geology, climate, and vegetation
- Includes tips for trip planning, weather, and safety
- Campground information, hiking and camping guidelines, fire regulations, winter considerations, and backcountry hazards, along with stewardship and conservation information
- Compiled and edited by Carey Michael Kish
- Published by Appalachian Mountain Club Books
- 10th edition, 2012
- 402 pages; paperback; 5 x 7 in.
AMC Maine Mountain Guide, 10th Edition