North Conway Rock ClimbsClimbs in and around North Conway have made it into plenty of guidebooks in the past, but a lot of new developments have taken place in the past few years that you won't find in any of them. Jerry Handren's North Conway Rock Climbs, on the other hand, delivers the most up-to-date route information so you can really take advantage of all the climbing the region has to offer.
- Covers a broad region loosely centered on the town of North Conway, NH—one of the oldest and most important climbing areas on the East Coast
- Provides details for nearly 2,000 climbs, including written descriptions, maps, topos, and photodiagrams
- Includes valuable information about land rules and regulations, the rock, the weather, and camping/amenities
- Supplemental information can be accessed via the North Conway Rock Climbs website, including descriptions of cliffs that didn’t make it into the book and databases for new and updated routes
- 2012, first edition, 368 pages
- Printed in full color
- 6 x 9 x 0.75 in.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Beautiful photos
- Broad coverage
- Good Beta
- Lots of maps
Comments about Handbook Publishing JERRY HANDREN North Conway Rock Climbs:
This gorgeous, full-color guidebook completely opened up the North Conway area for me. Clear photo topos of the cliffs abound, both in broad overview and then in smaller sections. There are great maps of access trails and frequent GPS coordinates. Inspiring photos of climbers on the routes are usually placed within 2 pages of the route beta, including page numbers for easy reference. Route length, FA history, suggested rack, and even optimal season/time of day to climb is included with most routes.
I have become obsessed with the cliffs of North Conway and this one book has been responsible for me feeling comfortable enough to head up there on my own and with partners who don't know the area. It's worth every penny and then some.
- Was this a gift?: