OSPREY Aether 85 BackpackA large and versatile pack, the Osprey Aether 85 is perfect for adventurers doing anything from thru-hiking the AT to summiting Everest.
- AirScape suspension features dual peripheral aluminum rods to enhance load stability and weight transfer and a foam backpanel with grip mesh to provide comfort and breathability; New LightWire alloy peripheral frame offers additional lightweight support
- IsoForm harness with spacer mesh surface comes in multiple sizes and gender-specific cuts and has no sewn seams for excellent comfort and fit
- IsoForm CM hipbelt can be heat-molded for the perfect fit and features Osprey’s exclusive ErgoPull design for quick and easy adjustment
- Top pocket quickly and easily converts to a lumbar pack with a built-in hip belt for shorter side trips
- Backpanel sleeve with hanger accommodates up to a 3 L reservoir; hose can be routed through a slot on either side of the pack depending on your preference
- InsideOut compression straps on the side stretch woven pockets can be routed internally or externally to secure your gear, minimize pack volume, and improve load stability
- J-panel access on the front panel provides quick access to packed gear
- Wide mouth sleeping bag access with divider keeps your bag easily accessible and separate from the rest of your gear
- Internal compression strap helps secure your gear
- Removable sleeping pad straps allow you to attach a sleeping pad to the outside of the pack, leaving more room inside for the rest of your gear
- Includes Stow-on the Go trekking pole attachment and dual ice axe loops with bungee tie-offs to keep hands free and your tools safe and secure
- Ideal for carrying loads between 50 and 65 lb. (perfect for a 2-3 night trip)
OSPREY Aether 85 Backpack
Gender Unisex Dimensions 33 x 14 x 13 in. (83 x 36 x 32 cm) Pack Fabric (Primary) 210D nylon dobby Hydration Compatible Yes Organizer Panel No Frame Type Internal frame Padded Laptop Compartment No Torso Length S 16-18.5 in.
M 18-20.5 in.
L 20-22.5 in.
XL >22 in.
Type Technical Volume S 5004 cu. in. (82 L)
M 5187 cu. in. (85 L)
L 5370 cu. in. (88 L)
XL 5553 cu. in. (91 L)
Primary Use Backpacking Weight S 4 lb. 9 oz. (2.08 kg)
M 4 lb. 13 oz. (2.18 kg)
L 5 lb. (2.28 kg)
XL 5 lb. 4 oz. (2.38 kg)
Weight Capacity Up to 30 lb. Trip Length Extended Trip (>3 nights) Volume Range 70+ Liters