EMS Sugar Shack 2 TentIf you're looking for a tent that won't weigh you down or make you feel claustrophobic, this is the one for you. The EMS Sugar Shack 2 is so roomy you'll think we mistakenly put a 3-person tent in this one's stuff sack!
- Durable nylon rainfly and tent floor both feature a 1500 mm waterproof polyurethane coating
- Tent canopy is made from durable ripstop nylon and mesh; redesigned for 2013 to have increased canopy coverage for more privacy and better protection from dust/dirt
- Lightweight DAC aluminum poles with press fit connectors are made using DACís Green Anodizing process, which is safer for the environment than traditional anodizing and significantly reduces waste water by recycling water throughout the rinsing process
- Two rooftop vents provide incredible air circulation to help keep condensation to a minimum
- Two large doors allow for easy accessóno more crawling over your tent mates to get in or out; 2013 update let you stake out one of the doors with trekking poles to create an awning
- Canopy-fly attachment option allows the tent canopy to be attached to the rainfly to provide increased interior volume (more room for your head and feet) when the fly is staked out
- Gear loft and interior mesh pockets keep the tentís interior neat and organized
- Two vestibules provide an additional 24.6 sq. ft. of covered space to store your gear
- Set-up is quick and easy: plastic clips attach the tent body to the pole frame; color-coded webbing and buckles ensure everything is properly aligned
- All seams are sealed for added waterproofness
- Includes all necessary stakes for staking down the tent and the guylines; guy out points are reinforced for extra durability
EMS Sugar Shack 2 Tent
EMS_Sale Yes Length 7 ft. 5 in. Width 4 ft. 5 in. Primary Use Backpacking Floor Area 32.7 sq. ft. Doors 2 Vestibule Area 2 x 12.3 sq. ft. Peak Height 43 in. Min. Weight 5 lb. 7 oz. Max. Weight 6 lb. 5 oz. Packed Size 7 x 21 in. Freestanding Yes # Main Poles 3 # Fly/Vestibule Poles 0 Floor Fabric 70D nylon Floor Coating 1500 mm polyurethane Rainfly Fabric 40D nylon Rainfly Coating 1500 mm polyurethane/silicone Canopy Fabric 40D nylon ripstop/15D nylon mesh Pole Frame Clips Pole Material DAC Aluminum Seasons Spring-Fall Sleeps 2 Tent Weight 4-6 lb.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Set Up
- Stakes bent easily
- Car Camping
Comments about Eastern Mountain Sports EMS Sugar Shack 2 Tent:
I purchased this tent for two trips to Tasmania this year and have camped in it several nights. I found the tent to be great in all ways I could imagine. It travels light and relatively small (fit in my suitcase alongside a week of clothes and boots and sleeping bag) as well as went up very easily. One pole assembly snaps out and went in easily to the corners and then you just clip the tent up to the poles. I used the tent in rainforest areas primarily but also in one or two temperate camping areas and had no issues with moisture except the night I improperly set up the fly. Really enjoy having two entry options with enough room to set your boots out of the sleep area. I'm 6'3" tall and about 230 pounds and I fit in the tent fine, definitely didn't have a ton of room to spare but shared the tent with another person and we had 0 issues with the size. We did bend about 4 tent stakes though despite being careful after the first, so I would recommend picking up a spare set of those as well as the ground cover which did great despite our heavily moist camping areas.
- What Is Your Gear Style:
- Was this a gift?: