Following AtticusFollowing Atticus: Forty-Eight High Peaks, One Little Dog, and an Extraordinary Friendship tells the story of Tom Ryan's adventures with Atticus M. Finch, a miniature schnauzer of some distinction.
- Following Atticus is an unforgettable true saga of adventure, friendship, and the unlikeliest of family, as one remarkable animal opens the eyes and heart of a tough-as-nails newspaperman to the world's beauty and its possibilities
- Tom Ryan decided to pay tribute to a close friend who died of cancer by attempting to climb all forty-eight of New Hampshire’s four thousand-foot peaks twice in one winter while raising money for charity
- Tom was middle-aged, overweight, and acrophobic (a fear of high places)
- It was an adventure of a lifetime, leading Tom and Atticus across hundreds of miles and deep into an enchanting but dangerous winter wonderland
- At the heart of the amazing journey was the extraordinary relationship they shared, one that blurred the line between man and dog
- Paperback, 304 pages
- Published by William Morrow Paperbacks, August 2012
- Dimensions: 8 x 5.4 x 0.7 in.