Mountain VoicesMountain Voices: Stories of Life and Adventure in the White Mountains and Beyond, by Doug Mayer and Rebecca Oreskes, is the perfect book for anyone curious about the rich history of the White Mountains. From Limmer boots to the Cog Railway, the authors get you up close and personal with the people responsible for laying the foundation for today's outdoor enthusiasts in New Hampshire's North Country.
- Explores how the White Mountain National Forest came to be the place we know and love today (the trails and huts didnít build themselves!)
- Interviews with notable figures in the history of the region such as Brad and Barbara Washburn and Guy and Laura Waterman
- 2012, first edition, 226 pages
- Paperback, 9 x 6 x 0.625 in.
- Contains more than 55 black-and-white photos
- Doug Mayer is a producer for the radio program Car Talk and frequently contributes to the journal Appalachia
- Rebecca Oreskes also writes for Appalachia and worked for the White Mountain National Forest for many years