KIM FOLEY MACKINNON Outdoors with Kids: BostonJust because you live in Boston doesn't mean you can't teach your kids an appreciation of the great outdoors! Outdoors with Kids: Boston: 100 Fun Places to Explore In and Around the City, by Kim Foley MacKinnon, will lead you to parks, reservations, beaches, and sanctuaries that are fun for the whole family and close to home.
- Includes 100 family-friendly outdoor destinations near Boston
- Icons for each destination tell you whether it’s good for swimming, camping, or biking
- Offers trip-planning tips, safety advice, and recommendations for keeping kids engaged and excited about being outdoors
- Includes both GPS coordinates and public transport directions to make getting there a breeze
- Icons let you know which destinations are stroller or dog friendly, which parks require an entrance fee, and for which age group the destination is best suited
- “The 10 Best” lists show you at a glance which places are best for nature centers, toddlers, swimming, and winter
- The “At-a-Glance Trip Planner” shows you the most important details at once so you can plan a trip effortlessly
- Each location includes a “Plan B” in case the weather—or your child—decides not to cooperate with your original plans
- Detailed maps for each location show you the important things like restrooms, parking lots, and destination highlights
- 2012, first edition, 253 pages
- Paperback, 9 x 6 x 0.6 in.
KIM FOLEY MACKINNON Outdoors with Kids: Boston