PETZL Zipka Plus 2 HeadlampAn ultra-compact headlamp with a retractable cord and five lighting modes, the Petzl Zipka Plus 2 is about as versatile as it gets for a headlamp at this price.
- Compact, light, and comfortable; single compartment contains LEDs and batteries
- ZIP retractable cord is made of Dyneema for excellent durability; cord is adjustable and allows for attachment anywhere—head, wrist, tent pole, bicycle, etc.
- Versatile light offers three white lighting levels (including strobe mode) and two red lighting modes (including strobe mode)
- Red LED lighting helps preserve night vision; strobe mode provides increased safety when used in urban settings
- Maximum mode provides 70 lumens and shines up to 40 meters
- Economic mode provides 10.5 lumens and shines up to 14 m
- Simple push-button switch turns the light on and switches between modes
- Includes battery level indicator light; batteries last up to 185 hours on economic mode / 58 hours on maximum mode
- Includes 3 AAA alkaline batteries; also compatible with lithium or rechargeable Ni-MH/Ni-Cd batteries
- Water resistant (IPX4 rating)
Country of Origin: Imported
PETZL Zipka Plus 2 Headlamp
EMS_Sale Yes Bulbs 2 LED Batteries 3 AAA (included) Bulb Type LED Adjustable Focus No Lumens 0-49 Maximum Range 40 m Strobe Mode Yes Water Resistant Yes (IPX4) Weight w/ Batteries 2.5 oz. (71 g) Maximum Battery Life 185 hr.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Adjustable Beam
- Long battery life
- Two Color Settings
- Remove Carefully
- Evening Chicken Chores
- Running in the dark
Comments about PETZL Zipka Plus 2 Headlamp:
I've used a zipka headlamp for years for early morning winter running, or evening snowshoeing. I love the thin (but strong) retractable cord, which makes it easy to put on and instantly adjusts to any head size. You can use it on your wrist as well. You must use two hands to remove the headlamp or it will tangle in your hair.
The best thing about this new zipka plus 2 is that it has a red light mode. I keep chickens, and if I get home late and need to finish up a few chores, the red light does not cause a disturbance the way white light does.
These headlamps are durable. I still have and use my old zipka. It is cracked from dropping it, but still works.
They are also bright. I rarely need to use it on the brightest setting.
- Was this a gift?: