UST MARINE Sparkie Fire StarterWith a fire starter so small and lightweight, there's no reason you should ever get caught without a way to get a good camp fire going.
- Easily operated with one handójust pop out the spark bar and push it
- Will start your fire in even the most adverse weather conditions
- Compact body has a rubberized grip to provide maximum control and comfort
- Enclosed strike bar can be rotated within the bar holder to extend its lifespan
- Weighs a mere 0.8 oz.
- Dimensions: 2.3 x 2 x 0.5 in.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to use
- One hand operation
- Very Small When Closed
- could break easy
- Bug-out Bags
- Lighting Tinder Cubes
Comments about Revere UST MARINE Sparkie Fire Starter:
I have only used it to light fuel cubes for my Esbit stove so far, really generates a bunch of sparks! The instructions say to keep the unit between 70 & 90 degrees (vertical)if pushing down into the tinder, you must be very careful to do exactly that! Since the ferro rod has no lateral strength any sideward pressure will snap it. I've seen several negative reviews about this tool on other websites and I'm sure that is the reason for the complaint of "breakage after 1 or 2 uses". I recommend the one hand operation: hold the unit in one hand and press the ferro rod in with your index finger directly over the tinder. It will make plenty of sparks to light your tinder or fuel cube.
- Was this a gift?: