EDELWEISS Canyon 9.6 mm X 300 ft. Static RopeDesigned specifically for canyoneering applications, the Edelweiss Canyon 9.6 mm is a lightweight and technology-rich low-stretch rope.
This product will be shipped directly from Edelweiss and will leave their warehouse in 2-3 business days. Eligible for UPS ground shipping only.
- CANYON cover sheath uses a combination of polyamide and polyester, resulting in better abrasion resistance and less shrinkage in water
- Everdry treatment of the rope sheath reduces water absorption by 50%
- Designed to take up to a factor 1 fall; this extra margin of safety is key to your success in wild canyons across the globe
- Breaking strength: 21 kN
- Strength with Figure 8 knot: 14 kN
- Number of factor 1 falls: 12
- CE Certified Type B, UIAA EN 1891
EDELWEISS Canyon 9.6 mm X 300 ft. Static Rope
Diameter Range 9.5 mm - 9.9 mm Weight Per Meter 55-65 g/m Dynamic or Static Static Elongation 4.5% Impact Force 4.2 kN Standard or Dry Dry Number of UIAA Falls 12 Weight per Meter 59 g/m Diameter 9.6 mm Length 300 ft. Midpoint Mark None Dry Treatment Sheath Only
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about EDELWEISS Canyon 9.6 mm X 300 ft. Static Rope:
This is a "B" rope, from Edelweiss. The same type and length but at 10.mm is called a "A". Being a 9.6mm the strength is slightly lower than the 10.mm, hence the "B". Use this for rappelling, has been durable. Use this due to its weight and the fact that we have a long hike in.
One thing, it is semi-treated and thin, that makes for a very fast rappel. If you are using it to haul, setting up 3/1 and self rescue type applications need extra friction to stop rope slip. A gri-gri in a progress arrest set-up didn't always seize due to this. This is still a new rope too.
- Was this a gift?: