OSPREY Variant 52 BackpackFrom mountain guides to professional alpinists to weekend craggers, the Osprey Variant 52 backpack is sure to please any adventurer who knows that saving weight whenever you can is key, and that fit is just as important as function.
- Thermoformed, contoured back panel with HDPE framesheet and aluminum perimeter rod offer efficient load transfer and a high level of comfort under a heavy load while also shedding snow
- 6 mm aluminum frame and HDPE framesheet are removable to reduce pack weight
- Contoured EVA harness features webbing attachment points, reservoir hose routing, and an adjustable sternum strap with whistle
- Removable EVA hip belt is contoured for optimal fit and load transfer, cut narrow to accommodate movement and a harness, and features Reverse Wrap ErgoPull closure for quick and easy adjustment
- Dual-compartment lid stashes smaller gear for quick access and is completely removable to reduce pack weight
- Integrated FlapJacket provides weather protection when pack is being used without the lid
- Removing the top lid, frame/framesheet, and hipbelt reduces total pack weight by 1 lb. 6 oz. (size M)
- Compressible front panel pocket offers quick access to gear as well as great gear protection
- Dual ice tool holster with bungee tie-offs and lower side-release buckles ensure secure tool storage and quick, easy removal
- Ultra-durable pick sleeves and cinchable axe head straps fit a wide range of ice tool shapes
- Reinforced A-frame ski loops keep your skis secure while hiking
- Under-lid rope compression strap ensures efficient rope transport
- All zipper pulls and buckles are glove-friendly
Country of Origin: Imported
OSPREY Variant 52 Backpack
Dimensions 29 x 13 x 11 in. Pack Fabric (Primary) 210D high tenacity nylon Hydration Compatible Yes Torso Length S: 16-19 in.
M: 18-21 in.
L: 20-23 in.
Volume S: 2990 cu. in.
M: 3173 cu. in.
L: 3351 cu. in.
Primary Use Climbing Weight S: 3 lb. 5 oz. (1 lb. 14 oz. stripped)
M: 3 lb. 7 oz. (2 lb. 1 oz. stripped)
L: 3 lb. 9 oz. (2 lb. 3 oz. stripped)
Weight Capacity 30-50 lb. Trip Length Weekend (2-3 nights) Volume Range 46-59 liters