New York Walk Book
Item: 3656385 Product Description >
New York Walk BookConnect with nature with the New York Walk Book: A Companion to the New Jersey Walk Book from the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference. Whether you're a novice walker or experience backpacker, this book contains plenty of trails you'll love.
- Describes trails throughout the state, including New York City, Long Island, East Hudson Highlands, the Catskills, the Shawangunks, Bear Mountain-Harriman State Parks, and many other areas
- Trail descriptions include total mileage, blaze colors, and trail endpoints
- Detailed trail maps for Anthony’s Nose, Breakneck Ridge, Fahnestock State Park, Southern Taconics, Bear Mountain-Harriman State Parks, Black Rock Forest, Schunemunk Mountain, Shawangunk Mountains, and the Catskills are included in the back of the book
- Chapters about trail development, mountain ecology, and geology provide interesting background knowledge of the area
- Includes black and white illustrations by Jack Fagan and Robert L. Dickinson
- 2005, seventh edition, 484 pages
- 8.1 x 5.4 x 1.25 in.