JACK FAGAN Scenes and Walks in the Northern ShawangunksLess "guidebook" and more "hiking companion," Scenes and Walks in the Northern Shawangunks, by Jack Fagan, brings the terrain of the Shawangunks to life while describing the extensive network of trails and 19th-century carriage roads.
- More than just a trail guide, this book covers the rich history of the area while detailing trails that hikers of any level will be able to enjoy
- Describes the summits, woodlands, waterfalls, and sky lakes of Bonticou, Mohonk, The Trapps-Peters Kill, Minnewaska-Millbrook, Awosting, and Samís Point Plateau
- Discusses the geology, plants, and animals of the region
- Includes black-and-white illustrations and maps
- 2006, third edition, 184 pages
- 8.1 x 5.4 x 0.3 in.