Hiking the Jersey Highlands
Item: 3657806 Product Description >
Hiking the Jersey HighlandsIt's not all beach parties and GTL in Jersey. Hiking the Jersey Highlands: Wilderness in Your Back Yard, by George Petty, proves that there are also lots of beautiful areas to go hiking and get in touch with nature. Now that deserves a fist pump.
- Describes 35 hikes for all ability levels throughout the Jersey Highlands, separated into three sections: Starter Hikes (up to 4.3 miles, 3.5 hours); Longer Hikes, Climbs, and Scrambles (up to 6.1 miles, 4 hours); and Challenges (up to 11.1 miles, 8 hours)
- Each trail description includes a map, total distance, approximate hike time, elevation gain, driving directions, and black and white photos
- Includes 16 color pages of Highlands wildflowers
- Provides background history on the Jersey Highlands and the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference as well as descriptions of the area’s geology, plants, and wildlife
- 2007, first edition, 424 pages
- 8 x 5.3 x 1.1 in.