BLACK DIAMOND Iron Cruiser Via Ferrata SetSimple and safe, the Black Diamond Iron Cruiser Via Ferrata set will let you concentrate on the climbing.
- Iron Cruiser carabiners have a sliding sleeve locking system that locks automatically
- EAS (Energy Absorption System) leash system keeps you safe and tangle free on the climb
- Lanyards have internal elastic to eliminate long and trailing chords
- Attachment loop has a half loop for cleaner attachment to the belay loop
- EAS system is stored in a durable zipped pouch to keep it protected from abrasion
BLACK DIAMOND Iron Cruiser Via Ferrata Set
Weight 1 lb. Weight (grams) 462 g
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Durable construction
- Easy to open carabiners
- Elastic gives added reach
- This is a one-trick pony
Comments about BLACK DIAMOND Iron Cruiser Via Ferrata Set:
My wife and I each bought Iron Cruisers for our recent trip to the Spanish Pyrenees. They worked flawlessly and inspired a fair amount of jealousy from Spanish 'ferrateros'. The locking carabiners open with a sliding/twisting motion that is truly effortless. If you are thinking about getting the more expensive model due to its easier-to-open 'biners, you might think again: these cheaper ones are also a total joy to use. The elastic cords are great, not only for reaching across long gaps, but also because they prevent full-body whiplash if you forget to unclip before moving forward. This thing seems to be built to last, which is no surprise from BD. The only downside is that the entire apparatus hangs a little awkwardly when walking or scrambling between sections of fixed gear, even if you clip the 'biners to the gear loops on your harness. But there's really no way around that, and it's well worth the added safety.