METOLIUS Ultralight TCU Cam, #00Climbers love TCU's for their reduced weight, tenacious grip, thin seams, old pin scars, and easy placement in cracks. Metolius has maximized holding power in the TCU by optimizing cam angle and widening the cam face for greater surface area. While the range might be lower than other cams, their weight, versatility, and reliable function have earned them a place in most racks. Range Finder markings on #2, #3, and #4, tell you at a glance if you've chosen the right size cam for the placement.
- CNC machined 7075 T-6 aluminum with machined cam stops; 25% lighter than older TCUs
- Direct Axle Technology makes Ultralight TCUs lightweight, allows for more placement options, and simplifies tricky placements due to better cam lobe visibility
- Optimized cam angle for more outward force; wider cam faces for more grip; reduces the chance of failure due to rock breakage
- U-shaped body for greater durability and unparalleled control during placement and retraction
- 13 mm Dyneema sling is lighter and less bulky
- Narrow head width for the most placement options; ideal aid-climbing piece
- Color-coded sewn slings and tubing for fast recognition (#00 Grey, #0 Purple, #1 Blue, #2 Yellow, #3 Orange, #4 Red)
- Follow all manufacturers instructions; strength is dependent on proper placement, rock strength, depth, and direction of fall
METOLIUS Ultralight TCU Cam, #00
Protection Color Grey Range .34-.55 in. (8.5-14.0 mm) Strength 6.35kN Weight (grams) 41 g Weight 1.4 oz.