PETZL Snowscopic Mountaineering AxeCombining a telescoping trekking pole and a fully-functioning ice axe, the Petzl Snowscopic is the only piece of equipment you'll need for trekking, approaches and easy snow climbs. Extend the bottom section for use as a handy trekking pole; shorten it when the going gets steeper.
- 4mm toothed pick made of Charlet steel: durable, works great in both snow and ice
- Durable Charlet steel adze, contoured for hand; efficient for cutting steps
- Head, adze and pick with cut-out profile for weight saving
- Pick equipped with hole for clipping a carabiner or attaching a sling
- High strength aluminum shaft (7075 aluminum, the same used in aerospace industry); anodized for corrosion protection
- Telescoping section expands up to 105cm
- Includes replaceable carbide tip and toothed basket for improved performance in hard snow
- Hole at head for leash and/or carabiner
- Shaft length: 65cm, expands to 105cm (25.5 to 41 in.); weight: 15.9 oz./450g
- CE/UIAA, type B ice axe, made in France
- Stainless steel pick and adze is designed comfortable gripping. Equipped with a carbide tip.
Country of Origin: imported
PETZL Snowscopic Mountaineering Axe
Weight 15.9 oz. Weight (grams) 450g
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Icy Conditions
- Slushy Conditions
Comments about PETZL Snowscopic Mountaineering Axe:
I am not a mountian climber but I Geocache frequently in snow and in icy conditions. The Snowscopic is perfect. It extends to the length that I need to use as a walking stick and climbing aid, and it really helps to dig out those caches frozen in place. It is lightweight and extremely strong. I have used it many times this winter and have been extremely pleased.