OMEGA PACIFIC Link Cam, # 1Truly innovative and incredibly versatile. Just one size will span at least three sizes of normal cams and minimize the time spent fooling with gear.
- As the cam is retracted, the lobe unfolds and permits an amazing range for a unit of its size
- Extended range means you can leave the ground with fewer pieces on your rack
- Performs phenomenally even in flared cracks
- With a constant cam angle of 13.5°, holding power is never sacrificed, even at the range limit
- Increased surface contact between the retracted cam links and the rock helps to reduce "cam walk"
OMEGA PACIFIC Link Cam, # 1
Range 0.83-2.1 in. (21.1-53.3 mm) Strength 14kN Weight 6.2 oz. Weight (grams) 176 g
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Extreme Conditions
Comments about OMEGA PACIFIC Link Cam, # 1:
These are under appreciated pieces. I bought the #1 a few years ago and absolutely loved it. If I felt sketched at all, I would jam it in and get a piece of mind. Usually I would then fiddle around and find another piece of gear that I could place so I could take the link cam further up the climb. I always keep them on the front of my harness. Sure they are a bit pricey, but they act as doubles for sooooo many cams. The red #1 is perfect for most cracks and if you get the purple, the range is equal to a whole rack. They also protect in flaring cracks better than any other cam out there. The weight isnt really noticeably heavier, however they are. I really could personally recommend them with confidence to just about anyone.