SEALS Tropical Sprayskirt, 1.4From summertime ocean paddling in light wind and waves to early spring/late fall freshwater cruising, the Tropical is a good choice for paddlers in both hot sun or cold water. Lightweight, waterproof, breathable Sympatex fabric keeps you cooler than a neoprene skirt.
- Tensioned deck stay keeps skirt high and dry by preventing water from pooling up
- Adjustable stretch nylon waist closure with removable suspenders
- Rim grip, safety-slip shock-cord sleeve around rim
- Ballistic nylon edge guard with lash loops
- Zippered mesh deck pocket
- Sealed seams
- This spray skirt is sized to fit kayak cockpits that have a Seals size of 1.4
- Fits the following boats available at EMS: Necky Rip 10, Wilderness Systems Tempest 165, Tempest 170 and Hurricane Kayaks Tampico 140 S
SEALS Tropical Sprayskirt, 1.4
Weight 1 lb. 3 oz.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Attach
- Water Pools In Skirt
- Hot Weather
Comments about SEALS Tropical Sprayskirt, 1.4:
This skirt failed to keep me dry on my recent week long kayaking trip to the Maine wilderness. One day of light rain had water pooling on skirt and dripping through. Another day of 3 to 4 foot waves breaking over the boat gave me a lapfull of water in spite of the tight seal on the cockpit. I have sent it back to the manufacturer, and they are replacing it with a neoprene skirt, so at least they are trying. I would not recommend this skirt...in conditions where you need a skirt at all, it will most likely not keep you dry.
- Feels true to size