Hiking the Pioneer ValleySince its first publication in 1991, Hiking the Pioneer Valley has been relied upon by both long-time residents and visitors alike as the best guidebook available for exploring the beauty and natural resources of this region. Now in its third edition, this book will lead you on 30 gorgeous circuit hikes in the Connecticut River Valley region of Western Massachusetts.
- Describes 30 of the best places to hike in one of Western Massachusetts’ most beautiful regions
- Hike descriptions include detailed trail directions, map, local history, and geological facts
- Covers a wide variety of the scenery, terrain, and hiking challenges that the Valley has to offer
- Includes advice on equipment, safety, and weather as well as information about local hiking organizations, land trusts, and where to obtain additional maps
- 2003, 3rd edition, 192 pages
- 8.3 x 5.6 x 0.5 in.