SIERRA CLUB A Hiker's Guide to the Laurel Highlands TrailA Hiker's Guide to the Laurel Highlands Trail is the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy's guide to more than 400 miles of trails in the Laurel Highlands. Whether you want to go out for a day hike or go backpacking or ski touring, this book will lead you to some of the most scenic areas in Pennsylvania.
- Covers trails in Ohiopyle, Laurel Ridge, Coopers Rock, Blue Knob, Laurel Hill, Linn Run, and Kooser State Parks, as well as Forbes and Gallitzin State Forests, Bear Run Nature Preserve, and the Lower ICV Trail
- Includes how to get to the trailheads, information on ski touring and backpacking, 32 black and white photos of some of the scenery along the trails, ratings of trail scenery/conditions/difficulty, altitude changes, stream crossings, and tips on foot-trail maintenance, water purification, and hiking ethics
- Includes information on the geology, climate, vegetation, wildlife, and cultural history of the area
- Includes 24 pages of USGS topographic maps
- 2004, sixth edition, 126 pages
- 9 x 6 x 0.3 in.
SIERRA CLUB A Hiker's Guide to the Laurel Highlands Trail