JEFF MITCHELL Hiking the Endless MountainsHiking the Endless Mountains: Exploring the Wilderness of Northeastern Pennsylvania, by Jeff Mitchell, provides detailed maps and firsthand descriptions of more than 70 great hikes that will take you to scenic vistas, beautiful waterfalls, and natural wonders.
- Describes 74 day hikes and 4 backpacking trips throughout Susquehanna County, Salt Springs State Park, Lackawanna State Park, Lackawanna County, Wyoming County, Luzerne County, Ricketts Glen State Park, State Game Lands 66 and 13, Columbia and Montour Counties, Worlds End State Park, Loyalsock State Forest, Tioga County, Bradford County, and Mt. Pisgah State and County Parks
- Each trail description includes a map, estimated hike time, total distance, difficulty rating, elevation change, scenery rating, and driving directions
- Charts at the front of the book make it easy to pick a hike at a glance based on scenic views, waterfalls, lakes and ponds, old-growth forests, and which trails are kid-friendly
- Includes five pages of full-color photos
- 2011, second edition, 264 pages
- 8.25 x 5.5 x 0.7 in.