Views from on High: Fire Tower Trails in the AdirondacksThere's something inherently fascinating about fire towers, and there are plenty of them to visit in the Adirondacks and Catskills. Views from on High: Fire Tower Trails in the Adirondacks and Catskills, by John P. Freeman, will guide your journey to the 28 fire towers throughout the region while also providing a brief history of each.
- Includes “Adirondack Park Fire Towers with a Bright Future,” such as Azure Mountain, Gore Mountain, Owls Head Mountain, and Vanderwhacker Mountain; “Adirondack Park Fire Towers That May Not Last,” such as Mount Adams and Lyon Mountain; and “Catskill Park Fire Towers,” such as Balsam Lake Mountain, Red Hill, and Mount Tremper
- Each trail description includes total hiking distance, elevation change, difficulty rating, summit elevation, driving directions, and a map
- Provides a log for the Fire Tower Challenge—climb and document at least 23 fire tower summits and receive a full-color patch from the Adirondack Mountain Club
- Includes a detailed history of the Adirondacks and Catskills fore towers
- 2001, first edition, 160 pages
- 5.5 x 8.5 x 0.4 in.