JOHN P. FREEMAN Views from on High: Fire Tower Trails in the Adirondacks and CatskillsThere's something inherently fascinating about fire towers, and there are plenty of them to visit in the Adirondacks and Catskills. Views from on High: Fire Tower Trails in the Adirondacks and Catskills, by John P. Freeman, will guide your journey to the 28 fire towers throughout the region while also providing a brief history of each.
- Includes “Adirondack Park Fire Towers with a Bright Future,” such as Azure Mountain, Gore Mountain, Owls Head Mountain, and Vanderwhacker Mountain; “Adirondack Park Fire Towers That May Not Last,” such as Mount Adams and Lyon Mountain; and “Catskill Park Fire Towers,” such as Balsam Lake Mountain, Red Hill, and Mount Tremper
- Each trail description includes total hiking distance, elevation change, difficulty rating, summit elevation, driving directions, and a map
- Provides a log for the Fire Tower Challenge—climb and document at least 23 fire tower summits and receive a full-color patch from the Adirondack Mountain Club
- Includes a detailed history of the Adirondacks and Catskills fore towers
- 2001, first edition, 160 pages
- 5.5 x 8.5 x 0.4 in.