BROADWAY BOOKS No Shortcuts to the TopThis gripping memoir follows a living legend of extreme mountaineering as he makes his assault on history. No Shortcuts to the Top: Climbing the World's 14 Highest Peaks recounts Ed Viesturs' stunning quest of climbing's holy grail: to stand atop the world's fourteen 8,000-meter peaks, without the aid of bottled oxygen.
- Viesturs recounts stories of his most harrowing climbs, the raw excitement of his odyssey and achievement, the challenges to his beloved family life, and many funny moments revealing the camaraderie between climbers
- Details, for this first time, Viesturs' pivotal and heroic role in the 1996 Everest disaster made famous in Jon Krakauer's Into Thin Air
- Hardcover, with attractive photo jacket
- 258 pages, including 8-page photo insert
- Measures 9.25 x 6.25 x 1.25 inches
- Weighs 1 lb. 6.1 oz.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to read
Comments about BROADWAY BOOKS No Shortcuts to the Top:
Kept me engaged throughout the entire book. When I'd put it down, I'd be wondering what was going to come up next in the book.
Great descriptions of climbs, logistics, inspirations, as well as planning, ethics on the mountain, and risk/benefit ratios.
Mountaineering is the last great human adventure - makes me feel like a kid again, exploring and having fun. This book captures it perfectly. Well written and inspirational.