Flakes, Jugs, and SplittersWritten to satisfy every rock climber's inherent interest in geology, Flakes, Jugs, and Splitters answers all the rock-related questions you have, whether it's simply a matter of knowing what gear to use or understanding why your local crag exists in the first place.
- Brings the science of geology to rock climbers with an informal Q&A format and fun, informative language
- Covers topics ranging from using a geologic map to find new crags to why Europe has the best limestone
- Includes stunning photos of worldwide destinations and easy-to-read artist renderings of geologic concepts
- Written by Sarah Garlick, a leading rock climber, accomplished research geologist, and published author in both climbing and scientific literature
- 2009, 1st edition; 224 pages
- 9 x 6 x 1 in.