SUUNTO Core Watch, BlackFor the vertically inclined, the Suunto Core is the professional benchmark for ABC (altimeter, barometer, compass) wristops. Forecast the weather, know how far you've gone, navigate, and make intelligent decisions in the outdoors.
- Altimeter to 30K ft.: difference measurement/start from 0, logbook, automatic mode
- Barometer: storm alarm, weather trend indicator, weather graph
- Digital compass: keeps you on course, easy calibration, declination
- Depth measurement: max. depth 30 ft./10 m
- Watch: Dual Time, Countdown, Date, Alarm, Predicted times for sunrise and sunset
- Digital thermometer
- Pressure gauge operates in four distinct modes, including an automatic setting, switching between altimeter and barometer accordingly
- Compass features a rotating bezel for traditional use, or a one-touch function that allows you to sight, lock and follow a bearing
- 5 language menu (English, French, Spanish, German); button lock
- Due to federal shipping restrictions regarding products containing lithium batteries, this product can only be shipped to the 48 contiguous states. It cannot be shipped to Canada, Hawaii, Alaska, Catalina Island, Puerto Rico, APO, FPO or international addresses. Thanks for your understanding.
SUUNTO Core Watch, Black
Touchscreen No Additional Sensors No Alarm(s) 1 Barometer Yes Date Yes Electronic Compass Yes GPS Enabled No Illumination Yes Stop Watch Function Yes Watch Type Digital Heart Rate Monitor No Altimeter Yes Online Community No Speed and Distance No
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
Comments about SUUNTO Core Regular, Black:
The Suunto Core-Regular Black wristwatch is the best multifunctional watch for its size that I have ever owned. It is a dynamic ABC (Altimeter, Barometer, Compass) watch combination with positive display (light gray background and black numerals that can be easily seen in daylight) that utilizes these three ABC functions to make outdoor activities more enjoyable. The altimeter displays current elevation and records elevation that is gained or lost so that the data can be examined later. The barometer is unique in that it has an automatic altimeter/barometer mode that senses movement or non-movement and switches between these functions. It can indicate weather trends by displaying a simple barometric graph (or an upward or downward arrow on the watch face) for the last three or six hour periods. If there is a rapid drop in air pressure over a three-hour period, it sounds and flashes a warning that lets you know if a storm is rapidly approaching. The digital compass is very accurate (usually within one – two degrees) and needs to be calibrated occasionally by a simple guided procedure. It has a declination setting and bearing tracking that helps in navigation to a destination.
The Suunto Core watch also has a digital thermometer function that is reasonably accurate but the watch must be separated from physical contact with you body to record accurate ambient temperatures. When hiking it is best to attach it to the outside of your backpack or hang it up in your tent away from your warm body. I enjoy the sunrise and sunset times that the watch indicates. This is based on your location on the earth and allows you to maximize daylight time for planned excursions. You can easily set the times for sunrise and sunset by locating on the watch the continent, region, and nearest city to you location.
It has a chronograph, countdown timer, stopwatch, button lock, dual time, and a daily alarm calendar clock, low battery warning, user replaceable battery, and backlight for night use. It is a beautiful watch that you can wear everyday to work and play. It has a certain panache that attracts attention and comes with a two-year warranty that arguably makes the Suunto Core-Regular Black one of the best ABC wristwatches in the market today.
- Accurate Altimeter
- Accurate Compass
- Instructions vague
Comments about SUUNTO Core Regular, Black:
This replaced a Suunto Vector watch that I bought in 2004. The Vector was terrible: inaccurate compass, and the altimeter was very unstable. The Vector was only good for keeping time!
Well, this Suunto Core is great. The altimeter is stable and consistent; the compass works great and is very accurate with declination adjustment. Been using the Core for a few months on many hikes.
I now don't leave home without it!
- Was this a gift?: