TECNU Extreme Medicated Poison Ivy Scrub, 4 oz.Tecnu Extreme is a medicated poison ivy scrub that removes the rash-causing urushiol oil to keep it from spreading and also treats the painful, itchy inflamed rash.
- Washing with Tecnu Extreme for 15 seconds will remove urushiol oil left on the skin to keep it from spreading
- Unique homeopathic formula contains an active ingredient to relieve itching and soothe the burning rash
- Can also be used to remove the poison oil that causes rash and itching within 2-8 hours after exposure to the poison ivy, oak, and sumac plants before a rash appears
- Active ingredient: Grindelia robusta 3X
- 4 oz. tube
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Helps get rid of rash
- Helps prevent rash
- Nice scrubby sensation
- Pulls the oil out
- Works quickly
- Severe poison ivy allergy
Comments about Eastern Mountain Sports TECNU Extreme Medicated Poison Ivy Scrub, 4 oz.:
It's super chilly cool beans, like the liquid but scrubby and I like scrubby cos scrubby makes me feel clean. Even better is when you have poison ivy and you get the ultra-itchies cos it scratches them for you while getting the oil out instead of spreading it around to other parts of your body. I have a severe allergy to poison ivy/oak (think hospitalisation type sunburn kinda reaction=blistering/peeling/swelling/redness/vincent price-eque mask of the red death visage). I always get it on my face. I have very sensitive skin in general, so often healing creams only exacerbate the rash (see below) but this doesn't hurt my face. Before I knew about this stuff I've ended up in hospital cos it got in my throat and eyes. But since you can use it on your face too, I don't have that problem anymore. It's great cos I use it after digging or hiking regardless of whether or not I see an indication of a rash as a preventative measure because my allergy is so severe. Also awesome cos I'm allergic to topical antihistamines like benedryl (they aggravate the rash), and cortazone (sp?) creams are about as useful on the poison ivy rashes I get, as baby paracetemol is to a migraine. Two opposable thumbs up.