The Other 54, Classic EditionThe Other 54 is a hiker's guide to the lower 54 peaks of the Adirondacks 100 highest.
- In this second edition you will find many updates on bushwhack and trailed routes to these lesser visited summits
- Spencer Morrissey will again attract you to some of the most remote regions of the Adirondack Park
- Explore the Little Moose Mountain Wilderness, Rugged Sentinel Range, Desolate Sawtooth Range, Fishing Brook Range, Stevenson Range
- Siamese Pond Wilderness, Little and High Peaks of Indian Lake
- Latest updates include new State land acquisitions, new route up Wilmington Peak, Lyon Mountain and the Sawtooth Range
- Updated routes and trail conditions, new pictures and a more user-friendly layout
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about SPENCER The Other 54, Classic Edition:
Great book! While the first edition was little rough, this edition (winter cover) is much better written)
This guide isn't going to allow an inexperienced hiker with no other resources to conquer the ADK 100, however it is an invaluable tool for the more seasoned hiker. Trails, and especially bushwack routes, are discussed often with several options offered. Page sized topo maps are included to illustrate "approximate" trails.
Paired with an internet connection, google maps, and a compass, this book will get you going
Book was a gift after I completed the first 46.