GARMIN GPSMAP 62stThe newly designed GPSMAP 62st handheld navigator features a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass, a barometric altimeter, preloaded 100K topo maps and supports Custom Maps, BirdsEye Satellite imagery (subscription required) and photo navigation.
- GPSMAP 62st comes with built-in U.S. 100k topographic data for the continental U.S. and a worldwide base map with shaded relief
- Map detail includes national, state, and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, and lakes
- Three-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass shows your heading without holding it level, even when you’re standing still
- Barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude or help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions
- Wirelessly share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin device users
- Quad helix antenna and high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix® satellite prediction
- Maps can be added to the onboard memory or plugged in on preloaded data cards
- Compatible with Bluechart g2, City Navigator NT and BirdsEye Satellite imagery
- Get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your outdoor device using Garmin Connect
- View your routes on Google Earth and share them on Facebook and Twitter
- Enjoy paperless geocaching by downlading gpx files that include location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions
- Slim and lightweight, 62st is the perfect companion for all your outdoor pursuits
GARMIN GPSMAP 62st
Touchscreen No Additional Sensors Optional Barometer Yes Batteries 2 AA batteries Dimensions 2.4 x 6.3 x 1.4 in. Display Size 1.6 x 2.2 in. Electronic Compass Yes GPS Enabled Yes Memory 500 MB Routes 200 Tracklog Points 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks Waypoints 2000 Weight w/ Batteries 9.2 oz Heart Rate Monitor Yes Speed and Distance Yes Altimeter Yes Battery Life Up to 20 hr. Online Community Yes ANT+ enabled Yes
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Instructions not clear
- Hiking Climbing
Comments about GARMIN GPSMAP 62st:
This GPS is fantastic! With the additional birds eye imagery, this is far better than any map i have used, and essential when solo climbing or checking out new routes. The carabiner clip is great, keeps it handy on the chest. Expensive, but worth it.
- Complicated Controls
- Difficult To Program
Comments about GARMIN GPSMAP 62st:
After using a Garmin 60CSx for years, I expected an improvement when I bought the 62st. Instead, I find that the 62st has taken a step backwards in functionality. Time and date information is not available for the waypoints! You can't go back and see what time you left the trailhead! The information is not available! The data is there but you just can't get to it! I'm amazed that they left that out!
Also, if you don't change your batteries within a minute of the unit telling you the batteries are low, the unit will shut down and you will lose all your tracking data up to that point! The battery indicator says you have a fully charged battery until the moment the batteries run out!
The interface is confusing and unnecessarily complicated. Do you want to turn tracking off and on? Don't go to the Track Manager for that. Instead, you have to go through the main menu and settings to do that.
Be careful with the reset button - you might just reset all your settings to default when you're simply trying to reset your trip data. And resetting your trip data does not delete the saved tracks - you have to go to the track manager for that!
I've had this unit for over two months now and and have communicated with tech support 10-15 times and I still can't be satisfied with how this works. I'm going back to my 60CSx. It can at least tell time!
- Primary use: