How to Rock Climb, 5th EditionA nuts-and-bolts guide, How to Rock Climb by John Long serves as an introduction to rock climbing for beginners and helps intermediate climbers hone their knowledge of the sport.
- Thoroughly updated with more than 400 color photographs and illustrations
- Revised and updated to reflect modern standards of equipment, technique, and training methods
- Includes sections on face climbing, crack climbing, getting off the rock, sport climbing, and much more
- Stresses safety and simplicity with special emphasis on setting protection and building reliable anchors
- Equipment, including ropes, anchors, and belay devices
- Footwork and handhold positions
- Finger, hand, and off-width cracks
- Sport climbing and traditional climbing
- Lead climbing and top-roping
- Downclimbing and rappelling
- Training, including bouldering and climbing gyms
- 5th edition, 2010
- 320 pages; measures: 7.5 x 9.25 in.
- Author: John Long, a legendary rock climber
- Publisher: Falcon Guides