Item: 4471505 Product Description >
One MountainOne Mountain Thousand Summits explores the untold story of tragedy and True Heroism on K2.
- In a single two-day period, eleven climber lost their lives on K2
- In a mystery clouded by haze and exhaustion, thin air and poor communication we are left to wonder:
- What happened on August 1-2, 2008?
- With an insider’s knowledge of Himalayan climbing, Wilkinson goes deep into the lives of the climbers and particularly the Sherpas on this fateful climb to produce a book that should be essential reading for those wanting to understand the disaster
- From the very start I found One Mountain Thousand Summits riveting – Conrad Anker, Coauthor of The Last Explorer: Finding Mallory on Everest.
- Hardcover; 352 pages
- 9.2 x 6.3 x 1.2 in.