EMS Rewards FAQs
What information is required to become a member of EMS Rewards?
- You will need to provide the following: First and last name Phone number Email address Mailing address Your Birthday (so we can send you a birthday gift)
Who is eligible for membership in EMS Rewards?
- Individual residents of the United States, its Territories or Canada who are at least 18 years of age and who have a valid email account may enroll in the EMS Rewards Program. One account per individual. Companies, schools, clubs, groups, organizations or others making commercial or bulk purchases are not eligible for membership.
What do I earn points on?
- Points can be earned on the purchase of all merchandise (gift cards and online gift certificates included) from EMS retail stores, www.ems.com and the Eastern Mountain Sports store on eBay.com, the purchase of services and rentals at select EMS locations, and through the purchase of lessons and guiding services at EMS Schools. Points are not earned for warranty purchases, third party services or commercial or bulk purchases. Points are calculated from the net value of the purchase. The net value is the purchase total after any discounts, coupons, applicable taxes, shipping charges, gift cards or certificates, merchandise credits or Rewards redemption has been applied.
How can I ensure I receive points for my purchases?
- Whether at checkout at an EMS retail store or online at www.ems.com, you must first attach your EMS Rewards account with the purchase. In-store you will do this by giving the store associate your account number (your phone number). Online you must checkout with the email you used to register for EMS Rewards and we’ll make sure points are added to your account.
When will I get my rewards?
- EMS Rewards are emailed monthly to members that have accumulated at least 200 points during the calendar month. For example if you make a $250 purchase, you’ll earn 250 points. Within 15 days of the end of the calendar month, we’ll email you a $10 Reward, since you eclipsed the 200 point threshold. The 50 points left over will carry as a balance in your account.
What happens if I earn 400 points (or more) on one purchase or during one month?
- It’s our goal to pay out your Reward as it’s earned. If you earn 400 points on a single purchase, eclipsing the 200 point threshold twice, we’ll send you a $20 Reward! 600 points will equal a $30, etc.
Is there a limit to the amount of points and Rewards I can earn?
- There is an annual limit of 20,000 points or $1,000 in EMS Rewards.
How long is my Reward valid?
- EMS Rewards - no matter the denomination or value - are valid for 90 days following issuance.
How can I redeem my Reward?
- EMS Rewards can be spent and redeemed online at www.ems.com or in any EMS retail store, and may be used toward the purchase of merchandise, services, rentals or a lesson with EMS Schools. EMS Rewards are not valid toward the purchase of gift cards or gift certificates, shipping & handling, tax, repurchase of returned merchandise, warranty service or other services provided by third parties. *Please note that Rewards cannot be used to purchase products sold by EMS through eBay or Amazon or redeemed online in combination with some other coupons. One Reward can be redeemed per transaction. Final transaction total must be equal to or greater than the value of the EMS Rewards redeemed.
How can find out about my EMS Rewards point balance?
- EMS Rewards members can view their current point balance by signing into My Account
I lost or misplaced my Reward. Can it be replaced?
- Yes! First, check the deleted and Spam email folders in the email account you have registered with EMS Rewards. Your emailed Reward was sent by "Eastern Mountain Sports" If you cannot locate the Reward, please contact our Customer Service team. We’ll look up your account and resend the missing Reward!
What happens when I make a return? Will the points I earned on the original purchase be deducted from my EMS Rewards point balance when I return it?
- Yes. For example, if you earned 100 points on the purchase that you’re returning, we will deduct 100 points from your EMS Rewards account.
I have more than one EMS Rewards account – is that ok?
- Each individual is entitled to receive rewards benefits from only one rewards account. If an individual member has more than one account, Eastern Mountain Sports may, in its discretion, merge the accounts into one. If you know you have multiple accounts, and want to maintain your earned points, you should request to have your accounts merged into one. To do so, please contact our Customer Service team with the following information associated with each account: First & last name, Phone number, Email address. In addition, please specify which account you’d like to remain as the active account.