The new generation of Freeriders: agility in ascent and descent without compromise. Vulcan offers unrivalled downhill performance, is rigid enough to be used on the most modern Freeride skis, enables front-lean rigidity to be personalized, thanks to the removable Downhill Booster Tongue, and has perfect heel holding, even when landing jumps. All this gets combined with agility in walk mode, lightness, and cutting-edge technical solutions, including the Ultra Lock 2.0 lever and the Driving Spoiler 2.0. Salewa has improved the design to yield even greater downhill performance, delivered through a more progressive response provided by the new cuff in glass fiber combined with the Pebax® shell. Enhanced skiing control comes also from the Ultra Lock Strap, which ensures complete closure and provides rapid adjustment. Vulcan offers a completely customizable setup, thanks to the adjustable forward lean and the removable stoppers in the cuff, and is compatible with all types of ski touring and freeride bindings. The new Custom Plus liner is completely thermoformable. It cradles the foot to provide precision and comfort at the same time, thanks to the construction technique employing three different types of foam.
- Boot Spoiler: Pebax®
- Boot Cuff: Carbon fiber
- Boot Shell: Pebax®
- Buckle Cables Retention System
- Driving Spoiler 2.0 – The rear spoiler (patent pending) slides inside the cuff, allowing the widest and smoothest cuff rotation possible. Once the Ultra-Lock system is closed, it becomes locked with the cuff, building a super-stiff downhill structure. It also alleviates friction between the cuff and inner liner, which keeps the heel in place for better walk-ability and no blisters. The new metal spoiler insert allows the user to adjust forward lean by simply removing or reassembling two fastening Torx screws.
- Ultra Lock Strap
- Ultra Lock System 2.0 – The articulated cuff buckle ULTRA LOCK SYSTEM 2.0, when compared to the previous version, reduces lateral snag, unhampering the transition from SKI to WALK mode and reverse.
- Downhill Booster Tongue - Adding the tongue improves the forward support and the downhill performance.
- Forward Lean Insert - Unscrewing the screws and refastening the insert 180° opposite, it’s possible to adjust the forward lean of 3®.
- Internal Cuff Stoppers
- Boot-Binding System –Standard Touring
- Gender – Unisex
- Forward Lean – 15°-18° + Release for Walking
- Cuff Rotation – 60°
- Liner – Custom Plus
- Weight – 3.56 lbs. (1615 g)
- Boot Sole – Dynafit Pro