Our team of skilled Repair Specialists will perform patching, fixing, sewing, or reattaching - whatever we can to extend the life of your gear - on many EMS and brand-name products purchased at Eastern Mountain Sports. If your product failed during its intended use, we'll repair it or replace it for free. If it breaks as a result of old age, overuse, misuse or neglect, we'll repair it for a modest fee.
How do I ship an item for repair?
1. Ask a Store Sales Associate for an estimate or calculate the total repair cost using our Repair Price List
2. Fill out the Repair Form (also available at each store). Make sure you include the following information:
- Your daytime telephone number and/or email address
- Your mailing address
- Payment information (A check with driver's license number or money order if shipping directly to Repair Services).
- Repair Estimate Details:
- Clearly describe the repair needed
- Clearly identify the repair area with masking tape
3. Send only the item needed for repair. EMS is not responsible for any lost or missing articles. For example, remove all tent poles or pack stays. Remove pins, pulls, and articles from pockets.
4. Launder any garmet, backpack, or sleeping bag before shipping for repair. Check your item's care tag for proper cleaning instructions. Items not properly cleaned will be returned for cleaning.
5. We do our best to keep the repair process time to 14 days. However, an optional Rush Fee (flatrate of $10.00) is available. Items will be repaired and returned within 5 business days after receipt.
6. Bring the item along with your completed forms and payment to your nearest EMS Store for a $6.95 handling charge, and we'll ship it to the Repair Center for you.Or you may send it directly to:
Eastern Mountain Sports
Repair Center Services
One Vose Farm Road
Peterborough, NH 03458
We offer FREE RETURN SHIPPING to the store that's nearest you. A $6.99 charge is applied for repaired items shipped to a domestic residential address (shipped via UPS Ground within the continental USA). For those needing their item back in a hurry, we offer shipping via 2nd Day Air for an additional $15.00. Additional shipping charges are applied to all international and overseas addresses. Large items (such as tents over 15 pounds) are subject to additional freight charges. Please inquire at your nearest EMS Store for details.
Repair Price List
Zipper Repair and Replacement: Replace slider $8
Replace main nonwaterproof zipper: Kids' jacket $16 Jacket without lining $20 Jacket with lining $28 Jacket with two zippers $38 Jacket with liningarmpit zipper $55 Water-resistant/breathable jacket $38 Pant zip fly $15 Full-length leg zip [per side] $39 Half-length leg zip [per side] $20 Pack [per linear foot] $8 Tent [per linear foot] $8 Sleeping bag [per linear foot] $8
Patching: Jacket without lining $13 Jacket with lining $18 Tent netting [1-10 in.] $17 Tent nylon fabric [1-4 in.] $16 Pack [1-4 in.] $16 Sleeping bag [1-6 in.] $16
If original color match is unavailable, black will be substituted. Additional $2/in. charge for larger patch.
All prices are minimum charges. Additional charges may apply in the case of unusually costly, difficult, or complicated repairs.
Handling Charge for All Repair Orders $6.95
Additional Notes: - Tents weighing more than 15 lb. require additional shipping charges and aminimum $20 repair charge. - All estimates are for typical repairs.
Our skilled REPAIR SPECIALISTS take pride in bringing quality workmanship to a wide range of repair jobs. There are some products, however, that we are not equipped to repair...
We Cannot Repair: Underwear, snowshoes, watches, glasses, footwear, gloves, thermoses, boats, bikes, multi-tools, life jackets, wheeled duffles, cooler packs, waterproof zippers, seam tapes, electronics, camping cookware, skis, scooters, tubes, gift items, climbing gear, metal frame (sewn-in) packs.
When it's time to say GOOD-BYE Although we try our best, sometimes an item cannot be repaired. Our skilled repair specialists will determine whether an item is too old, worn out, or simply beyond repair. We will contact you if an item is not repairable.
If you're not sure if your item is repairable, contact Repair Center Services (603) 924-9571 ext. 6062.
Repair Request Form
- Tents weighing over 15 lbs. require additional shipping charges & a minimum repair charge.