Built for versatility, the Black Diamond 8.5 scales both rock and ice. Designed to be used as half ropes or in a twin configuration, the 8.5 features a dry-treated core and sheath to repel moisture from the inside out. The sheath’s 2X2 weave construction increases the 8.5’s lifespan, while the middle marker is easily identifiable for rappels.
This product will be shipped directly from Black Diamond and will leave their warehouse in 2-3 business days. Eligible for UPS ground shipping only.
- Dry Performance – With a core and sheath that are dry treated, Black Diamond’s dry-treated ropes are protected against weather from the inside out
- 2X2 Woven Sheath – Utilizing a 2X2 weave construction, the standard sheath is built to withstand everyday use
- Durability and Handling Balance – Purpose-built to balance both durability and great handling, these ropes are not too stiff and not too soft, giving you a great-feeling rope that knots easily, feeds through your belay device with ease, and holds up to a barrage of uses
- Half/twin ropes must be used in pairs. Do not use as a single rope
- Rope Type: Half/Twin
- UIAA Factor Falls: 10 [Half] 17 [Twin]
- Weight Per Meter: 46 g (1.62 oz.)
- Static Elongation: 7% [Half and Twin]
- Dynamic Elongation: 35% [Half] 33% [Twin]
- Impact Force: 5 kN [Half] 7.7 [Twin]
- Sheath: Dry 2X2 Woven Sheath
- Sheath Slippage: 0.1%
- Half Mark: Yes
|Country of Origin||Imported|