Youâre not one to halt your outdoor pursuits as soon as the temperatures plunge, but as you trek up to alpine conditions, bulky garments just get in the way. Part of the Ascent Series, the Alpine Ascender Stretch jacket is a solution for taking you through those colder, windy environments without the need to change up your midlayers. Here, youâll be able to start your journey with it on, as an outer alone or a midlayer with a windproof shell, and depend on its stretchy construction all the way up and back for a lightweight fit and plenty of warmth â all keys to eliminating layer breaks and avoiding that dreaded clamminess.
At the center of its construction, PolartecÂ® Alpha insulation delivers superior breathability and body heat retention compared to standard synthetic options, giving you a greater degree of warmth without adding a ton of weight. Coupled with this, its wind-resistant, water-repellent shell functions in three ways: preventing cold gusts of wind from passing through, ensuring moisture rolls off, and letting your body breathe through demanding terrain. This adaptable, essential combination, as a result, gets you through those tough winter months and transitions with your gear through spring.
- Shell is made out of an 88% polyester/12% elastane stretch blend
- Lined with 100% polyester warp knit tricot hydrophilic mesh
- Water-repellent shell lets moisture bead up on the surface and roll off
- Wind-resistant construction helps you stay warm in moderately windy conditions; for high winds, combine it with a windproof shell garment for full protection against chilly gusts
- Insulated with 100% polyester knit 100g PolartecÂ® Alpha, a breathable, insulating material with a dynamic fabric structure. A durable combination of lofted knit and hydrophobic fibers works to regulate warmth without adding weight, delivers the highest degree of breathability and warmth, dries quickly, offers a degree of packability, and wonât degrade
- Made with RepreveÂ® recycled yarns, designed to conserve energy and reduce CO2 emissions
- Full-zip front with a zipper garage
- Zippered hand pockets and one chest pocket
- Stretch construction gives you a more natural range of motion
- Paneled design for a more ergonomic fit
- Hem adjusts with a drawcord and toggle to keep out the cold
- Two interior slip pockets for keeping smaller items close by
- Attached, lined three-piece hood with a built-in brim adjusts with a drawcord and toggle on the back
- Long sleeves with elastic cuffs
- Slightly longer back hem for more coverage
- EMS logo added to chest
- Lighter, updated design for Fall/Winter 2017
- 28 in. center back length
- Part of the Ascent Series:
- The series utilizes cutting-edge materials that are durable, waterproof, windproof, breathable, and as light as possible without sacrificing the strength needed to withstand life in an alpine environment.
- Our Ascent collection serves our school guides well, leading clients on skiing and climbing excursions and withstanding a couple of seasons' worth of wear in the field. If it works for them on traverses across the Presidential Range of New Hampshireâs White Mountains, it'll work anywhere.
- Highly functional, durable, and dependable gear for world-class adventures.
Fair Trade Certified factory
|Country of Origin||Imported|
|Fabric Content||88% polyester/12% elastane|
|Additional Features||Pocket`Lined`Wind resistant|